Terms and conditions for training or eLearning courses
The following constitute the terms and conditions to which applicants agree when booking any BrownSense training or eLearning courses (Terms and Conditions). Throughout the terms and conditions BrownSense stands for BrownSense Insights (Pty) Limited. BrownSense reserves the right to review and update these periodically. Any references to BrownSense includes any trainers used for the purposes of providing the relevant training or eLearning courses.
1. Registration with BrownSense When booking onto a training or eLearning course we require you to register and provide us with certain information about yourself. In doing this, you agree to: • Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form.
2. Booking a training or eLearning course
2.2 When you submit a booking for an online course, your submission represents an offer to BrownSense to book you onto the course you selected. On submission of the training course or eLearning course form you will receive an automated summary email of your selection.
2.3 BrownSense will accept your offer by entering your booking onto BrownSense system and sending you an email confirming that you have been booked together with information on starting your learning. The email will also include an invoice together with the payment details.
3. Prices, discounts and sales taxes/VAT
3.1 Notice of new pricing will be given in advance, but BrownSense reserves the right to change prices listed without notice.
3.2 Early bird discounts (8% off the course fee) may be available on training courses. The discount is not available in conjunction with any other offer and places are subject to availability. Early bird discounts are not extended to BrownSense Verified members as they have their own dedicated discount of 10%
3.3 If you select the rate on the booking form applicable to BrownSense Verified you may be required to provide evidence of your membership.
3.4 If three or more people book onto the same training course from the same organisation they qualify for a 15% discount off the combined course fees. This discount only applies to BrownSense training courses and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Places are subject to availability.
3.5 The training course fees include: tuition on the day(s), all relevant course materials, and if the course is face to face, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
4.1 Fees will be paid at the point of booking via a secure online payment process or by electronic bank transfer using the bank details that will be reflected in the invoice.
4.2 We accept Mastercard and Visa card payments. A receipt will be sent to you by email from confirming payment. Our payment gateway will receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order and is under strict legal and contractual obligations not to disclose this information to third parties. Please note that if you do not provide accurate details (including type of card and number) or if your credit card company does not authorise payment, your application will be deemed void. BrownSense will not accept any liability for costs incurred as a result of applications deemed void in this manner.
4.3 Sales taxes (VAT, etc.) are charged at the applicable rate depending on the product and/or customer.
4.4 We will invoice for fees in the event where the payment by instalments option is selected.
5. Prevailing terms and conditions Please note that this and all other BrownSense pre-contractual documentation shall not constitute an offer. All services provided by BrownSense are on the basis of these Terms and Conditions and if you wish to engage any BrownSense services we shall only provide them if you accept the Terms and Conditions.
6. BrownSense training and eLearning courses After booking onto a training course you will be given access to the relevant Zoom link login details. The video of the training will be shared with you after the training.
7. Ownership and intellectual property rights All intellectual property rights in all materials made available through any selected training, including the design, graphics and text of all printed materials and the audio of all webinars and podcasts, are owned by BrownSense, or a BrownSense appointed trainer / service provider. When you are given access to the training material, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use the training materials. No content may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, displayed or linked to in any way, in whole or in part, without BrownSense’s prior permission. Any such use is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of BrownSense’s intellectual property rights. For the purposes of this clause, BrownSense also represents a third party contractor it may have contracted to facilitated the relevant training using its own content.
7.1 Video recording Delegates consent to BrownSense recording the training course, which will be shared with attendees and used for feedback and improvements in training.
8. Special requirements at the training course BrownSense will make every effort to accommodate special requirements that have been notified in advance on the booking form.
9. Health and safety at a face-to-face training course You must comply with all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the premises at which the training courses are provided.
10. Invitation letters (if the training course is held face to face) should a participant require an invitation letter from BrownSense, we are able to provide this as long as full payment of the training course fee has been received. BrownSense is not able to act on behalf of the participant and is not responsible for any costs incurred by failure to obtain a full visa.
11. Behaviour BrownSense reserves the right to remove any delegate from a training course whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate by BrownSense or its trainers. In these circumstances, BrownSense will neither refund any fees nor reimburse any other costs.
12. Trainers BrownSense shall provide such trainers to present the training course as it, in its sole discretion, deems fit and BrownSense shall be entitled at any time to substitute any trainer with any other person who, in BrownSense’s sole discretion, it deems suitably qualified to present the relevant course.
13. Liability BrownSense does not accept responsibility for anyone acting as a result of information in, or views expressed on, its training courses including course materials. Opinions expressed are those of individual trainers and not necessarily those of BrownSense. Participants should take professional advice when dealing with specific situations.
14. Technology BrownSense does not warrant that the provision of any content online will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely or error free, that defects will be corrected or that such content is secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
15. Joining Instructions Joining instructions including an outline of the day and venue details (if the course is held face to face) will be shared prior to the course start date via e-mail. BrownSense will not be held responsible for non-receipt of joining instructions and refunds will not be issued under such circumstances.
16. Personal data
The personal data you provide when you book the training course will be held in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and used by BrownSense for the purpose of delivering your training course. Your full name, job title and employer will be shared with your trainer in advance of the course.
17.1 Cancellation of a training course If you need to cancel your place on the training course, you must notify BrownSense via email more than 28 days before the course start date. You will receive a full refund less an admin fee of 20% (plus VAT) of the course fee. If you cancel your place less than 28 days before the course start date, you will not be entitled to a refund.
17.2 Substituting your training course place If you need to substitute your place on a training course, you must notify BrownSense via email. If BrownSense is notified more than 28 days before the course start date there will be no charge. Any substitutions made less than 28 days before the course start date will incur a R350 admin fee.
17.3 Transferring your place If you can no longer attend the training course you are entitled to transfer your booking onto the next training course that has availability. The transfer option only applies to delegates who are transferring to a different date for the same course and the date must be specified at the time of the transfer. The transfer is free of charge if you notify BrownSense via email more than 28 days before the course start date.• Transfers made 15-28 days prior to a course will be charged at 20% of the course fee plus a R350 admin fee • Transfers made 0-14 days prior to a course will be charged at 50% of the course fee plus a R350 admin fee Please note once you have transferred your booking you will not be entitled to a refund and you cannot transfer your place more than once.
17.4 Cancellation of an eLearning course Once you have booked onto an eLearning course you have up to 14 days from the purchase date to cancel your booking and receive a full refund provided that the eLearning has not been accessed. After the 14 days, or if the eLearning has been accessed you will not be entitled to any refund, nor will you be able to transfer your eLearning to another person or onto another eLearning course.
17.5 Changes and/or Cancellation by BrownSense BrownSense reserves the right to alter or cancel a training course up to and including the day of the training course in extreme circumstances. If BrownSense has to cancel a training course, the following will apply:
BrownSense will try to reschedule the training course and will inform you of the rescheduled dates and location (if course is held face to face)
if BrownSense can’t reschedule a face to face training course we will, where possible, provide an alternative (e.g. virtual classroom training course)
if BrownSense is unable to reschedule the training course we will offer you a free transfer to the next available training course
if you are unable to attend the rescheduled dates, we will offer you a 100% refund of the fee
any travel costs incurred are entirely the delegate’s responsibility. BrownSense does not accept any liability for reimbursement of travel costs.
refunds will be processed within 28 days of receiving your request via bank transfer to the original payer.
17.6 Non-attendance If you fail to attend the course you are booked onto without giving prior notice to BrownSense, we will be unable to refund the course fees or offer a transfer.